Friday 8 August 2003

The day is half gone but I know that today is one of those days when nothing can go wrong. I don't know why (or maybe I do) but I know that nothing can bother me, that nothing can change my mood. I also know I have to thank "Minimal" our conversation really helped these mood :) .

On the other hand if my mood is great my country and its politicians just won't do... The temperature is high again, and the fires started (again) and what the Portuguese people had forgotten in just a few days, came back. Portugal doesn't have the means or the professionals to fight fires. More than 100.000 Hectares have burned since January and 16 people died because of the fires. But as soon as the temperature is low again, Portuguese people will forget the means that are necessary, the professional formation that the fireman need, and the politician will have one less headache and will be able to buy some more Mercedes, because the ones that they have are almost a year old. This is Portugal. Unfortunately.

No comments: