Monday 18 August 2008

Random though

So, as you can see in the sidebar (and despite some advices against!) I’m reading a book of Laura Esquivel. I don’t want to talk about the book, as I didn’t end it yet, but I want to share some ideas that came to me while reading it.

She addresses the subject of soul mates. But I wonder; do we really want to believe that soul mates exist?

Come on!!

I do believe in true love and all that stuff, I don’t believe that, as my psychology teacher once told me, you’ll eventually settle for something that’s not really love, just because you’ll get more grownup (it kind of makes me remember the book of Antoine de Saint Exupéry). So ok, it’s true I’m a romantic and I can’t get enough of stressing out that I believe in true love... but sole mates? Come on! It’s such a stretch. Believing that somewhere out there, there’s someone that’s 100% perfect for me (or you), and because of that stupid thought we end up snubbing people that are right there by our sides, supporting us, helping us and even loving us... but as they aren’t the perfect person that we are sure that exist's, because of that we’ll end up someday snubbing true love... just because it didn’t came from the (expected) soul mate!

No comments: