Sunday 11 January 2004

Reading has always been one of my favourite hobbies… but unfortunately I have lost the habit of reading… I read, of course but I was a compulsive reader, and I lost that compulsivity… it’s a pity... but I still like to read, and I still read a lot, unfortunately (again) the majority of the books I read aren’t about computers… and my course is about computers…

In the 9th grade I took a skill/aptitude test, it said that I should be in something to do with literature, history or geography… it was then clear to me that I would go to science… I believe that nobody has the knowledge to say to you what to do with your life… I also believe that you should hear all the advices that are given to you, but advices are not laws… and you’re not obliged to obey them… They exist to help you decide, when you have doubts and when you trust the person that gives you the advice… but I know a lot of people that take advices like laws, this same persons follow fashions as they haven’t got any taste of their own, and take the opinion of the authors they read as if it was their own… I don’t understand why somebody should do such a thing, it looks has if they didn’t mind not having their own opinion... It’s obvious that when a new fashion is out, you have the tendency of following something’s of it, the things you like, not everything, when you read an article and you agree, you may use some of the ideas read on a future conversation, but it should always have your identity, your fingerprint. We all should try to by authentic.

No comments: