Friday 30 January 2004

It’s a topic that nobody in Portugal was able to pass by, the death of a 24 year old football player on the field… live on TV.
It’s something that makes you think…all the problems, all the adversities, all that is so insignificant, and at the same time it’s what gives life a meaning, it’s because of details that my life is different of any other’s life, it’s because of details that I’m different of everybody… that I unique.
And in the end, those details don’t mean a thing, when we are dead, all that we’ve done is forgotten, and only the closest ones will remember us. In 200 years nobody will remember the same details that made us unique.
Life is such an ephemeral thing, it’s so fragile that it frightens me… but I won’t be more careful with it, I refuse to stop living just because someone is dead, just because someone’s death made me realise the fragilness of life it doesn’t mean that I have to die to.
But it made me think… on one second he is smiling, on the next, a body without life is falling forwards the grass… sudden death they called it, I don’t know what is it…but I got even more chocked when they said they didn’t found nothing on the autopsy… He’s body was OK, no dysfunction, no cardiac problem, nothing, he just died.
After a week thinking of it, I’ve decided to let it go, thinking or not death is everyday closest of everybody, let’s just hope that it takes a long time to get to us.

No comments: