Monday 5 May 2008

Goals

So I have a few goals I want to achieve. I’ve written them down and then marked dates for them. When I fulfil one of those goals within the timeline I just put a little correct sign next to it and when I don’t achieve one I put a cross in front of it.

I find that kind of visual impact, motivating to achieve more goals.

And on the other hand, we’re not talking about lots of goals, or life changing decisions. They are just little things I want to do (like buying the laptop or going to London for a weekend) and that are done in less time with this little motivation technique.

I think that including life changing goals, big projects, in this “little trick” would only serve one purpose, that is, to make it fail.

It is very difficult to motivate me into this kind of goals, and I don’t think I can be tricked into doing something big or important... I just have to do it, and that only happens when I really want to do it... How I get into that mood... well I haven’t figured it out yet.

No comments: